ABOUT SMART START IGNITION INTERLOCKS
The Smart Start SSI-20/30™ Series interlock is a small, handheld electronic device that tests for the presence of alcohol and is wired into the vehicle’s ignition system.
- The driver is required to take and pass a test that screens for deep-lung breath alcohol
- Without a successful pass, the interlock device disables the car’s ignition, rendering the vehicle inoperable
- An alcohol specific fuel cell sensor is utilized with a patented breath sampling system
- Periodic re-tests are required once the car is started
- Design features prevent tampering and circumvention
- All test results are stored and maintained
Smart Start advantages
- User friendly, easy to operate
- Numerous locations in Canada, and over 1200 service centers in the U.S.
- Competitively priced and NO HIDDEN FEES
- 24/7 bilingual customer care – providing “Best in Class” service
- Flexible scheduling- including weekends and early evenings in many locations
- MONTH-TO-MONTH lease
- Fast warm-up time
- Toll free number; phones answered by real people
- Canadian, U.S. and International locations
- Reports available next day
- Remain productive and keep driving with Smart Start
- Appointment and service reminders
- Multiple payment options accepted
- Made in the USA
Smart Start ignition interlock is a preferable and cost-effective alternative to license suspension/revocation or jail time. The device enables those who have been ordered to install an ignition interlock device to continue working, paying taxes, supporting their families and contributing to society while maintaining their licensing privileges.
Smart Start’s ignition interlock system combines advanced technology, accurate monitoring and reporting.