The SSI-20/30™ is the latest in ignition interlock technology from Smart Start, Inc. It was developed to make installation, use and monitoring easier with a less-expensive and more discrete device. The SSI-20/30™ has been designed to work with our patented Photo ID module and make use of the device which is easier for you to use.
Smart Start’s Photo ID module is approximately one cubic inch and is mounted on the inside of the driver’s side window about halfway up from the dash. It records a picture of the user at the time of each breath test so Smart Start can see who takes each test and prevents the user from tampering with the camera. After each breath test, the photo is stored along with the date, time and location of each test to sync with the SSI-20/30™ information log. The SSI-20/30™ interlock will effectively abort the test and prevent the user from starting their car if any tampering is detected from the device or the camera.
The SSI-20/30™ goes a step further to provide GPS information to Smart Start and monitoring authorities. This enables them to see when and where each test is being taken. To make it easier for the user, the SSI-20/30™ does not have a hum feature, meaning users only have to blow into the device without needing to hum. In addition, it was designed to be more economical and discreet than the SSI-20/20™. The SSI-20/30™ is not available at every Smart Start installation location and cannot be requested by customers.
Features of the SSI-20/30™ include:
- Easy to test
- Small, discrete size
- Numeric keypad for easy recall of appointment date and time
- GPS capabilities
- No hum feature
- Allows entry of lockout code to temporarily extend service appointment after lockout
- Easy installation and service
- Programmable options including restricted driving times
- Records test results, engine starts and stops, disconnections, location and tampering for review
- Integrates with Photo ID camera for easy user identification