During the Coronavirus outbreak, we recognize that you may have questions or concerns about your alcohol monitoring experience. Please be assured that our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our clients and our team members.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: You can now service your Interlock for 90 days!
We are continuing to work closely with the appropriate authorities to make sure that your Ignition Interlock program progresses smoothly and seamlessly.
As a result, we have extended all Ignition Interlock Device calibration appointments to 90 days. You can have this completed at your next appointment. Please remember to stay in your vehicle during the service to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Here are some other steps we are taking – and that you can take – to help you feel confident with your Ignition Interlock and portable alcohol monitoring programs.
What Smart Start is Doing
We have intensified our usual emphasis on health and hygienic practices. These include:
- Washing hands thoroughly not just before and after every customer interaction, but repeatedly throughout the day.
- Thoroughly cleaning surfaces in high traffic areas several times each day, utilizing products recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Requiring team members to stay home if they exhibit virus symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) specified by the CDC.
- When you come to a Smart Start service center, we always offer new mouthpieces at no charge.
What You Should Do
Even in normal circumstances, there is much you can do to ensure that your device is hygienic and safe to use:
- Do not let anyone else use your IID unless absolutely necessary. If someone does use your device, replace the existing mouthpiece as quickly as possible with a new, unopened mouthpiece. Dispose of the old mouthpiece.We offer free mouthpieces at all of our service centers.
- Use only EPA-approved products to clean your mouthpiece or the external surface of your device. Click here for a comprehensive list. The cloth you use should be damp, but not wet, to avoid getting moisture into the device. Be sure to wait 15 minutes before taking a test.
It’s important to try to stop the spread of the virus while also adhering to your program. By following a few simple guidelines, you can help us keep our service centers safe and support you in meeting your legal obligation.
- If you are quarantined or are showing CDC-specified symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath), please reschedule your appointment by calling (844) 432-4776. If you do come to a center with any of these symptoms, you will be asked to leave and call customer service to reschedule or to make alternate arrangements.
- Our team members have been instructed to follow the CDC’s “social distancing” guidelines of at least 6 feet. For your own safety, please follow those guidelines as well during your appointment.
- Unless you need to have your device serviced, you may not need to come to the service center. You can use our client portal to manage your account, and more.
We’re Here for You
Working together, we can make sure that your program progresses as smoothly and seamlessly as possible, regardless of the circumstances.
For updated information, please visit this page regularly.